2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
SarahJayne
(@sarahjayne)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Many of us Pattaya families share our lives with dogs 🙂 

We have 7.  The recent 2 additions were a bit of a handful at first...a Golden Retriever and a Cocker Spaniel.  Actually to be fair it was the Golden Retriever that was the handful, mainly just due to size.

I had one particular issue with her which was that first thing in the morning greeting her was just a full on crazy frenzy!  She would try and 'hold' my arm in a jaw lock and not let go (maybe the 'retriever' in her! lol).

I had engaged Adrian Sinna our local and best animal trainer in the area for a previous issue with our pack.  I called him again to help with this single issue. He came to the house and he told me in future to ignore Honey Bear until I was ready to greet her. Have my coffee, do my morning thing and when I'm ready to say hello then go and meet her.  I'll just add that she needs to know I'm up and about - which she can see through the glass doors.

It worked!  And I mean it worked immediately!  As soon as she knew I wasn't coming out to say Hi she just lay down at the door threshold and waited for me to come out. When I came out she didn't display any 'holding' or 'grabbing' and was much more calm.
Like always it was my behaviour and actions that was causing the frenzy.  The mantra 'you are the pack leader' is one that Adrian always reminds me of!

Thanks Adrian!

Telephone: 064 293 3417

Email: sinnaadrian@gmail.com

Don't let school get in the way of your child's education!

Posted : 20/11/2022 7:22 am
SarahJayne
(@sarahjayne)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Here are 5 of our 7 dogs. A happy Pattaya Dog Family! 🤩 😊 😍 
Love that the Thai's call Golden Retrievers 'golden jai dee'...literally meaning a golden good heart. So apt for this breed. A really loving, gentle and soft hearted dog. Ours is called Honey Bear 😍 

1668916618-5-dogs.png

Don't let school get in the way of your child's education!

Posted : 20/11/2022 10:56 am